Monday, April 11, 2011

News!

Two years.

Wow, it's been a long time.

Chase is a character who wouldn't give up. I first created her over a decade ago, but never did anything with the concept. I returned to the idea a couple of years ago to work through a few Indiana Jones issues, and I had a blast. Serialising pulp adventure fiction on this blog taught me a lot about craft and my own voice.

I published three stories on this blog back then. Two novellas and a short. As much fun as they were, I can look back now and see only the faults. The poor writing. The structural errors. The lack of character development.

The old material will stay up a short while longer, for old times sake, but the Marah Chase project is about to enter a new phase, and soon everything will be cleared away to make room for the next stage.

Watch this space.

No comments: